Monday, May 9, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

Staying home has its ups and downs.

I got to meet one of the most beautiful girls in wherever, thanks to a special someone. She's young, lively, doesn't listen to anything that much, has tantrums every hour for inexplainable reasons, and a certified momma's girl. She hasn't stayed that long enough for me to bond effectively with her, yet it certainly feels like I've at least made an impact on her.

We had gone off to a local mall around lunch after we got her from miles away. She was sleeping like a baby while travelling, not wanting to care about the outside world, or anywhere for that matter. It felt like she had seen the city lights for the first time, so it felt like a great honor to let her experience the urban life for a change. She even got herself a pink cellphone to boot.

She stayed with us for approximately three days. We had lots of fun, had her stroll around the village while taking
a look-see on the local folks. The girl's not that good when it comes to interacting with new people, but she picks up really well when it comes to things she likes, like outdoor roaming and the usual afternoon siestas.

It's not that easy looking out for her, believe me. If not for the people around me, I would have let her do as she wished in a whim. An untamed horse she is, yet there is a certain gleam in her eyes that expressed happiness for the time she had with us. It might take a while for me to see her again, but it's worth the wait. I hope she still remembers me and the moments we've spent together.

If not for those people who were there, and those who stayed, and even those who had just passed me by, rainy days and Mondays will always get me down.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment