Thursday, February 25, 2010

Time Consumer

After some weeks of continuous daydreaming/procrastinating, Kajiren is back on the blog business! Got this nice logo printed out on pins done by a friend, and it kinda sparked a flame on my dormant mind. Here's what it looked like, by the way:

This was designed using the original Dreamscar font from a Photoshop file that one of my coleagues owned. It had a weird Celtic feel to it, like it was medievally classic yet modern to the eyes. I then added the red bottlecap design (Coke, anyone?), put on gradients, and voila. Enter the Vaten logo.

Most of my inner-circle friends have at least one in their possession, and it did look cool on their bags and stuff. Then one day, they asked me if I could create individual IDs fo
r the group, which I gladly obliged to do so, since I had nothing else to do anyway. At first, I didn't have an idea on how to design the IDs, but that's where googling stuff comes in. I've done sample IDs before, yes, but they were too generic in terms of showing off. Those old IDs look like what you see in your Elementary days, not worth mentioning. You do remember your childhood, right?

As of today, I've finished 25 IDs, 16 of those which are already confirmed for printing, and among those 16, 12 of them has the back side already filled up. To show you a preview, here's what my ID template looks like:












Boring, right? Of course. I was gonna draft separate layouts for this, and in one brief moment, I told myself, why make limited designs when I can just ask them what they want added there? Why not personalize it to their liking? So I tried it on the first ever ID (mine, obviously) using this template, and as you see below, it turned out great.













The back part was easier to do. I just did a little bit of tweaking on the original design. I grayscaled the top and the bottom parts, left the basic background design for a more simplistic look, and added character information on the middle of the image like the QR code, among others.












Printing will be done sometime next week, as I am still waiting for any last-minute changes from the people whom I designed those for; and as soon as I'm done with everyone's designs, I'll be more than glad to publish them here. The IDs might be printed on a 3.5x2.5 inch PVC format, laminated and hardbound for protection.

Well, that's it for my first step in making something that's worthwhile. I'm excited in doing more for the group, like T-Shirts, ID laces, even jackets maybe. This may prove useful in promoting the clan in public events, conventions and all.

As of the moment, I'm gonna find a way to get myself beer, and with that said, until next time, fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment